As die-hard cycling fans, it should come as no surprise to read that we have long-pined over attending the Red Hook Crit. The lights, the city, the fans, the spectacular crash footage, etc. But rather than make the l-o-o-o-n-g drive from Colorado to Brooklyn, (CA to NY if you count that we just got back from Sea Otter) we’ve opted to partner with Team Specialized/Rocket Espresso to represent our products instead.
This is great for the following list of reasons:
- As previously mentioned, NY is far, far, far away from CO. Our van is a go-getter, but that’s asking a lot.
- This team is fast.
- Think “fast” and then multiply it by 1,000 (as in “Eamon-Lucas-just-won-the-Pro-Men’s-Crit-at-Sea-Otter” type of fast).
- The team will have coffee and beer for you to drink in their palatial tent while they intentionally pummel their bodies at the Red Hook Crit.
- Having this fast team warm-up and cool-down on our Omnium portable trainers/rollers will be a touch more impressive than say…us warming-up under our tent and likely crashing during the first lap.
This isn’t insinuating that we’re slow with poor bike-handling skills or that our tent isn’t pretty, but you get the idea.
- Most of us are Cyclo-cross and MTB racers. Crits are scary to us. We don’t know what to do with our hands.
- Okay, now I feel badly for our tent. I didn’t mean it. Our tent looks very nice and we offer plenty of fine Colorado craft beer options.
- Seriously, our beer is the best.
But, I digress.
If you happen to be going to the race, find the Specialized-Rocket Espresso tent and fuel up on espresso and/or beer. And take in the beauty of the bikes, the racers, the venue and the crowd that’s made the Red Hook Crit what it is today. And if you can’t make it, Specialized will be hosting a livestream of the finals on Specialized.com.⠀
- Aldo Ino Ilisec (Slovenia) – Team Captain, 2nd in the overall last year.
- Eamon Lucas (USA) – Under 25 USA Crit champ in 2017, winner of stage 5 of 2016 Tour of Fuzhou.
- Stefan Schafer (Germany) – 6day racer, winner of RHC Milano 2016
- Alec Briggs (UK) – 6day racer and long time favorite in the RHC series.
- Akinori Yamamura (Japan) – Pro cyclist.
- Brooklyn No.10 – Apr 29th
- London No.3 – July 22nd
- Barcelona No.5 – Sept 2
- Milano No.8 – Oct 14th