Tuck this lil’ buddy away until next year, because Sea Otter 2016 is a wrap!!
Yes, the van is unloaded (and dust-free, thanks to our tech-specialist, Eric Hockman), with everything is back in it’s place. Ahhhhhhh. Nothing like that feeling you get as a collective company when you look back on an event like Sea Otter and know it’s been your best one so far.
Upon getting back to Colorado, many people who’ve never attended Sea Otter ask what it’s like. The usual reply that you’ll get from any company that HAS been there is this: “It’s so much better than Interbike.” Don’t get us wrong. Interbike is great for many reasons.
But Sea Otter is:
- Not Vegas. And it’s outside. Enough said.
- Surrounded by every type of bike racing you could imagine.
- A chance to catch up with industry friends and cycling folks from all over the place.
- In California, where it’s 80 degrees vs. Colorado where last week here it was like this:
But all those points aside, here are a few notable high-lights from the Feedback Sports side of things:
- The Bicycle Leadership Conference: Feedback Sports’ founder/President, Doug Hudson has been attending the BLC for the last 5 years. In a our weekly company meeting Doug explained the significance of this annual event. “The BLC continues to be one on my favorite industry events of the year. The keynote speakers, learning sessions and networking are invaluable. The morning rides along the coast are incredible. The networking started as soon as I landed in Monterey when I was able to share an Uber ride with former pro racer Tim Johnson who was also on his way to the conference. I leave the BLC each year with new ideas and inspiration to make Feedback Sports better than ever.”
- We unleashed the Feedback Sports Scorpion–our newly acquired product. This was a huge hit among consumers, media and dealers alike.
- The Omnium made it’s Sea Otter debut as well. It was so fun to talk with the general public and watch their eyes light up when they realize just how bitty and light-weight the Omnium can be.
- Primal Wear’s Women’s Mtb Clinic: Saturday morning, Lisa and I got the privilege of demo-ing two Yeti’s from our Colorado neighbors (literally, Yeti Cycles is about 500 yards away from the Feedback Sports headquarters) and take to the trails with some very rad women. Breakfast and coffee, first of course. PLUS a question/answer session with Sonya Looney, Karen Jarchow, Feedback Sports’ own racer, Caitlyn Vestal and Kasey Clark. More sightings of strong women who crush it on and off the bike abounded throughout Saturday into the afternoon. Team Luna Chix, Courtenay McFadden, the Stans NoTubes-Pivot women, the ladies from Raleigh Clement, the list went on and on. #morewomenonbikes #heckyes
- NICA Omnium Raffle: Speaking of more people on bikes, let’s talk about NICA for a second. The National Interscholastic Cycling Association is a mighty, happy force. Their mission is to develop interscholastic mountain biking coast-to-coast by 2020. YES, PLEASE!!! We love being a sponsor and want to do everything we can to get more kids on bikes and spread the NICA word. Saturday we were able to do just this and raffle off an Omnium to one very excited young man. Check NICA out and see how YOU can help them reach their goal as well.
And on top of that, there was riding, camping, racing, laughing and maybe an escaped Octopus incident. Still not sure on that last one.
So a huge THANK YOU to those of you who stopped by and said hello, those who offered us their hospitality (MTBR) and kindness and of course to our dealers and customers. It truly made this the best Sea Otter so far!!
*For our full facebook photo gallery, CLICK HERE!
For additional gorgeous images (courtesy, Eric Hockman) CLICK HERE!