Maghalie Rochette – CX Fever Racing p/b Specialized
We’re thrilled to announce our support for an athlete we’ve already been working with for a few years–Maghalie Rochette. Maghalie is amicably leaving the CLIF Pro Team to start her own cyclocross program. Why? She’s got the fever. The fever for cyclocross.
She’ll be racing cyclocross in North America until November then Europe for 3 months to finish the season strong. Maghalie’s partner David will be the mechanic. Or as she puts it, “The mechanic and the ‘doer of everything’, like he always does… I’ll do my best to help him. At the races, you will be able to find David and I under a Specialized tent that we will be sharing with the TSH/Specialized Team crew.”
You’ll see the tent decked out with Feedback Sports products. Feel free to ask Maghalie and David about them. Get your hands on the tools. Check out our trainers and rollers. They are happy to give you the low-down on what makes our products part of their “Race Day Essentials” as well as some pro-tips on bike racing and wrenching!
And speaking of…check out David’s tried and true 8 step method of gluing tubulars.
Every year, it’s a long process we have to start over. Here is the step by step method that David uses to ensure our tubulars are always properly glued.
- Pump the tubular. Apply a layer of glue on the tubular and a layer on the rim of the wheel. Hang and let dry for 24h.
- The next day, apply another layer of glue on the rim. Let dry a few hours.
- Put some double sided glue tape on the rim. Remove the paper from the tape.
- Apply a second layer of glue on the tubular tire and a layer of glue over the tape.
- Right away, deflate the tubular. Verify the direction of the thread and carefully install the tubular on the wheel.
- Pump the tire and adjust the position of the tire on the wheel to make sure it is straight.
- Let dry for at least 24h before using.
- You are ready to shred!!!
**Pro tip: A few days before you start this process, it helps to stretch the tubular. You can either set it on a dry wheel for a few days, or simply stretch it with your hand.
Maghalie is in good hands with some other stellar companies. Specialized, CLIF Bar, Roval, SRAM, TenSpeed Hero, Oakley, Challenge Tires, Giro Cycling, and Horst Engineering are supporting Maghalie, too. We’re all going to be working together throughout the season to spread the CX Fever!
You can check out her preliminary schedule for the 2018/19 season here. Go get em’, Maghalie!